On our second day of camp, the wind was strong; making the current powerful. Which in turn made it nearly impossible to enjoy boating around the lake. Hubs was disappointed. He had visions of swooping around the entire lake in under ten seconds flat. So, instead, we decided to take a day trip and see some favorite touristy shops of ours. One of them is called "The Rock Shop". They sell...yep, you guessed it. Rocks. Although it sounds slightly odd, it really is quite neat. They have all sorts of special and rare rocks that I can't even pronounce. And certainly wouldn't be able to find in my own backyard. There were two large rocks that contained sparkly purple gems inside. (I'm sure there's an actual name for what they're called.) They really were quite beautiful. And when they are stood up they just may resemble angel's wings. I asked Hubs to pose for me. He quickly and happily obliged.
I do so love that goofy man. And I must admit, he makes a rather serene angel. Wouldn't you agree?
After our big sight-seeing day, we boated back to our little island. It was then that we realized that Hubs wallet had gone MIA. Not to be found anywhere. After checking everywhere, we came to the conclusion that it must have been "misplaced" (ahem...a kind word for "forgotten") at the grocery store. After a quick call to the store we found that indeed it was left there, and some Good Samaritan turned it in to management. Thank the Lord for people with good consciences. So, Hubs boated back to shore, drove to the grocery store and retrieved his wallet. While he was gone, my tummy decided to turn inside out and upside down. I was in the outhouse most of the evening, until Hubs returned with some Pepto. I named all the spiders in that outhouse in just a few short hours. I couldn't imagine what could have brought all the gastro-intestinal disturbance on, but it was pretty instantaneous, and downright horrible. It wasn't until a few days later that I learned what the culprit was...
Oh you poor thing! At camp??? NOT my most favorite place to be sick - to be sure! What a fun "treasure" to bury there!
ReplyDeleteOK...I am in suspense!! My mind wanders to the obvious when you are sick, sick, sick...please squelch my curiosity!!
ReplyDelete