Last year only one of my girls was initiated into this tradition. This year two got into the spirit. At first they thought it was strange and were hugely paranoid of wandering boats with possible binoculars; but I reassured them binoculars cannot see under water. Lexy, however, was even more unsure with this predicament. And the water was very cold. So she determined to forgo bathing for the week and played on shore. By day three she was getting a little ripe. So we coaxed her bit by bit into the water, and I was able to wash her hair up...with her clothes on.
This was the only way that she would get washed up. I had to laugh when we were done. She was so concerned that she not draw attention to herself while bathing. Now I ask...if you saw this in the middle of the lake...would it not draw attention?!
No comments:
Post a Comment