Saturday, July 24, 2010

On The Road Again...

...and unlike Willie Nelson, I really can wait to get back on the road again. Not that I haven't enjoyed our vacationing that doesn't seem to end. I really have. But, oh, the packing and unpacking has got my brain in a whirl. Actually, in all honesty, I still haven't unpacked my clothing packed for Canda. I rather enjoy leaving them in a heaped pile on my bedroom floor in an opened suitcase. For now, anyway. I just wash the dirty ones and rotate them back into the packed pile. Confessions of a lazy mother, I guess one could say.


We head out tomorrow afternoon on the road that leads to sweet serenity. Seriously. It's a little slice of paradise. And, although the preparation is completely exhausting and brain-debilitating, I'm so excited. This will be our third year of island vacationing, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather. In the past, we haven't had a good week yet. Fun, yes, but rainy and cold as well. So, Mr. Sun, if you're listening, I am placing my request for a solid week of hot, sticky, dreadfully humid conditions.


Here's our destination for the week:




No fresh running water, no electricity. No internet (please excuse my extended blogging silence), land line phone or neighbors. Just me, my three girls, Hubs and the dog. And maybe a few loons and an occasional duck or two. Pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment