Saturday, July 31, 2010

After a Week of Camp...

...I am home. And let me just emphasize that I am deeply in love with running water, flushing toilets, electricity, hot showers and my washing machine. I just dragged myself out of a half an hour long shower; one in which I took my sweet ol' time carefully shaving every inch of hair off my body. Okay, maybe just my armpits and legs, but they were almost teetering on the edge of becoming their own national forest. There's a lot to be said of living primitively for a whole week. I'm pretty sure I deserve a badge. Or perhaps just a second shower.

We had a wonderful week at camp. Lots of sunshine, lots of nature, lots of play and minimal sleep. There's just something wonderful about living on your very own island in your very own world. Clothing is even optional. (Yes, we chose to wear ours...most of the time...) Because I wasn't able to blog all week long, I decided to take pictures to tell our week long story. (Would that be called "plogging?" You know...picture blogging? I just may be onto something there....) I will dedicate this coming week to pictures and stories of our time at camp. So, without further ado, let us begin...

This series of pictures I will call "Top 5 Things to Do at Camp". (Thanks ever so much to our guest manikins, Beethoven and the dog that shall remain nameless...because it's owner has not yet named her.)

1. Relax on the dock while taking in the sun and the scenery. (I prefer this with a big mug of camp coffee.)

2. Using the "necessary room". Camp style. That's right. Ye old outhouse. (We especially love the instructions behind the hand crank. It states, "turn clockwise to bury your treasure." Many treasures indeed were buried. That's a whole other story that I'll share in the week to come...)


3. Bathing. Although, this style of camp bathing is for wimps. I do believe there are laws against posting pictures of true camp style bathing, so this will have to do. Let's just say true style camping involves the lake and a bar of soap. And that's pretty much it.

4. Swimming and canoeing. (Is canoeing a word? My, that looks funny...) The lake water was awfully cold, so Hubs and I didn't do loads of swimming. We stuck more to the canoeing, and left the swimming fun to the kiddos. And dogs.

5. Good camp cookin'. We feasted on pie iron pizzas and about twenty pounds of smores. Almost daily.

Good camp stories to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment