I'm about to let you in on a secret that you may not be aware of. Then again, maybe you are. But you mustn't share this with anyone else.
I have an inter-racial marriage.
Didn't know that, eh? Well, okay, so maybe it's really not quite inter-racial. It may be kind of more like an inter-national marriage. If there is such a thing. Hubs is...er, rather....was a Canadian citizen. And I...American. See? Inter-national.
When Hubs and I were dating and I brought him to the States to meet friends and family, I was rather in awe at just how many people referred to him as the "French Guy". There isn't a french bone in his body. He barely even speaks french. However, being engaged to French Guy sounded rather exotic and exquisite, so I went with that. So....for those of you whom aren't already educated in the matter, let me be the first to inform you: not everyone from Canada is french. I know, I found it rather astounding when my eyes were opened to the truth, as well. But oui, oui...it is true. However, Je t'aime him just the same. A little rusty on my french, there...
Two years ago Hubs became full-fledged American. He even has papers to prove it. Official ones. We even got to attend a day in court just to get them. (Thus foregoing my whole "Inter-national Marriage" theory, I suppose...) However, his non-french family still reside in Canada. And this weekend we will be celebrating Ma and Pa In Law's fiftieth wedding anniversary. Hubs gets to officiate. And all the grandkids (ten of them) will be walking Ma In Law down the aisle. Pretty sweet, eh? So today we are packing up, tidying the house, preparing the animal instructions, mowing the lawn, scrounging for all loonies and toonies we may have (google it, if need be), cleaning the van, getting birth certificates and passport cards together (insert big breath here)....all in preparation for our departure tomorrow.
Our week will be chalk-a-block full of busyness. We plan on taking the kiddos to a fantabulous water park and zoo and then continuing on to visit with family. All in all, we should be thoroughly exhausted and ready for another vacation when we are back home. I do, of course, plan on updating when I can. Maybe in french, even. Then again, maybe not. I'll just leave that a mystery, eh?
Rach, can I just tell you how much I enjoy reading your posts?? I don't get to every one of them, but you make me laugh all the time! God has blessed you with painting pictures w/ your words! I wish we lived closer :( God bless the rest of your summer!!
ReplyDelete