Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm Goin' Topless

That's right. You heard me. Topless, baby. I can't help it...it's just so darn hot these days. The heat weakens my defenses and leaves me with a complete lack of discretion.

Oh, the humidity of it all.


Brace yourself, for I will now introduce you to a topless picture of myself...



Ready for it?



Hold your breath...it's rather disturbing....


There you have it. That's me. Topless. Not even a stray wisp of hair covering my shamed face. Are you in as much state of shock as I look? For thirty-three years I have obsessively and carefully covered that vast area of my face, otherwise known as a forehead. I have attempted three times to grow these bangs out long. And three times I have chopped them off again, dismayed at the prospect of my wide, white forehead gleaming in the sun for the world to see. I had no idea how insecure I am without them until this very week. Vain? Perhaps. But these bangs have been around ever since I have. I'm rather attached. But now I'm bearing all for the world to see. And I don't even care. Well, okay, maybe a little. Oh, who's fooling who...I'm failing miserably. But it's just too humid and too hot to care too awful much. I just may finish growing these babies out the rest of the way. My forehead is growing more and more comfortable with it's nudity.

1 comment:

  1. OH. MY. WORD. I had no idea where you were headed with this post! You are hilarious! I feel the same exact way - I have YET to find a doo that I love and that I feel is "me." The plight of being a woman, eh?

    We're headed to Rangeley today for 9 days. I always think of you out there! We'll leave a note for you guys at the camp for you to find! The weather is predicting rain ALL. WEEK. LONG. Praise the Lord. There's nothing I love better than roasting my buns off for a week inside the four walls of my house, and then getting to camp where I want it to be hot and it won't be. Awesome. I think it's my destiny this summer to camp and vacation in the rain! Ah well. We'll make the best of it. Packing a TON of rainy weather inside fun!

    Much love to you, my friend! When we return, and when you return WE MUST PLAY!!!!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete