I received a letter in the mail today from our home owner's insurance company. It seems as though they're less than thrilled with the giant blue trampoline that resides on my front lawn. (Those insurance agents are sneaky little people, I say...) In fact, if we do not remove it soon, they will graciously withdraw our request that they pay for any damages incurred on our property.
I have three little girls who disagree. Tears were shed. Insurance companies were insulted. A great injustice has been done.
This poor ol' trampoline has lived a long, active life. It is, in fact, a gift that keeps on giving. About six years ago (give or take) a family in our church gave it as a love gift to our girls. They couldn't have been happier! But then, about four years ago, we moved to a place in which Trampoline couldn't come with us. The girls were ever so distraught. I found a good solution. We gave it to my sister's boys...where we could go visit and bounce whenever the girls wanted. All was well. Until my sister and her family needed to move to a place where they couldn't bring it. By then we had moved to where we presently live; and have the land for it. So......Trampoline was re-gifted back to us. (Which left her boys ever so distraught.)
Which brings me to today. As soon as I received this official notice, I grabbed the phone, and called my sister and asked, "Are ya ready to have Trampoline back now?" They may possibly be moving again soon, so the fate of the trampoline remains a mystery. For now, I will give my girls a few more days to bounce around (shhhhh...don't tell) and then we shall take 'er down and store away until we can find a...more....permanent home.
No comments:
Post a Comment