Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Superest Super Glue


Hubs and I found ourselves in the Emergency Room this evening with our littlest little girl. It seems she had an encounter with the edge of my dining room hutch. Needless to say, the hutch left an impression. Not a good one. By the time she reached me in the kitchen, she was crying pretty hard. And when she saw the blood she was in full panic mode. As was I when I saw the amount that was pouring from the gash in the side of her head. (I don't recall ever seeing blood spurt quite the way I did tonight.) I don't do well with these types of situations. Me and adrenaline are a lethal combination. I grabbed a towel, snatched her up, and we were off to the hospital. Thankfully it's only two blocks away. And thankfully my in-laws are visiting and were able to stay with our other children, whom were in tears by the time we were out the door.


Poor little Lexy. All she could say on the way to the hospital was, "Am I going to lose all my blood, momma? I'm so so so scared." She didn't even complain about it hurting. When we reached the hospital, she was terrified that she was going to need stitches. (Where on earth did she learn about stitches? I had no idea she even knew what that was!) Fortunately for her (and us as well), they were able to close it with that fancy, shmancy super glue they have there. Thank the good Lord above for whomever created that Derma Bond stuff. I, for one, would like to personally kiss that person on the face. What a wonderful invention.


All went well, and she has since recuperated from the trauma. As have I. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment