Monday, April 12, 2010

Prepared


In the past fourteen years I have never ceased to be amazed at how God works. Always new, always different, many times unexpected. I guess it just goes to prove that no matter how much you grow in the Lord, you're never completely done learning who He is.

Now, if there's one thing in life I'm presently learning it would simply be this: life is a continual series of preparation. Circumstances aren't just by chance. It's preparation for something ahead. It may be a day or two, or even a few years from now..but it's preparation for the future. My most recent ramblings, inner thoughts, conversations and convictions have been geared towards this thing called "womanhood". I just haven't been able to shake it. And last night a light bulb went off in this little pea sized brain of mine....it's the Holy Spirit. It has been all along. Molding and shaping. Working at preparing.

My biggest little girl is ten years old. Still seems so young to me. But her conscience, wisdom and natural curiosity is growing. Almost as fast as her long, skinny feet. (Which, by the way, are only millimeters smaller than mine now.) Her deepest thoughts and secret questions don't just appear out of normal conversations. They are pulled out by circumstances and events. This past week alone we have had two pretty major dialogues that relate mainly to one subject...her ever changing mind and body as a young lady. Last night as we sat on her bed she poured out her tears, along with the deepest part of her soul. Her insecurities, her desires, her hurts. And although they seem pretty in sync with her age and stage in life to me, they are so very real to her. In the here and now it is her struggle. And so, through the different things the Lord has placed on my heart and thoughts, I had been softened. Prepared. Ready to gently uncover the layers to the inner most parts of her heart. And she was ready to share them.

There are so many things that I feel unprepared about in the future to come in raising our three girls. But this past week was a sweet reminder that as long as I'm listening to the Holy Spirit's still, small voice...I have all the preparation I need. I just need to focus on the needs of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment