After she arrived at our house, the skies seemed to instantaneously cloud over, and the wind picked up. And before long I looked out the window and this is what I saw:
Isn't that just super fabulous? In the ending of April, no less. A full fledged blizzard. (Okay, maybe I exaggerate. A little.) Fortunately, there was no accumulation. But my poor little daffodils do look slightly sad, if you look close...
Snow or no snow, we enjoyed a lovely afternoon of visiting, playing, and chatting about life and it's many adventures. We almost came close to solving all the world's problems, and even bringing about world peace. As we always do. And then we ventured out for a fine dining experience at Burger King (where my little family of five can eat for under $12.00, thank you very much. Love that dollar menu...), and some grocery shopping at Wally World. I do have a bit of a grievance there...does the owner truly understand how difficult it is to walk from the "toothpaste aisle", all the way back to the produce section, back to the "hairspray aisle", with four little children in tow? (And heaven forbid you should need a bathroom break somewhere in between...) Something must be done about that... Oh, and I do also happen to think that the bathrooms should be better identified. My Jilly attempted to yet again (yes, this has happened more than once) walk into the men's restroom. Her excuse? "I thought the picture of the man had a dress on it." Now, clearly to the rest of us the man did not have a dress on. However, at a nine year old's quick glance, I can maybe possibly see how she thought that. (Okay, not really...but I do so love her, anyway.) My advice? They need to put up really ginormous cardboard color cut-out pictures of people. The men's restroom would have an attractive man with some (some...not a lot) facial hair, maybe even a tie, and possibly a western style hat. (not sure where I came up with that last one...I guess it just screamed "manly" in my mind...) And the woman's restroom sign would have an attractive, modestly dressed woman with some appropriately proportioned "baby-feeders" (as my girls used to call them before I told them the appropriate words), with clean shaven legs and possibly some sort of frilly little flowers in her hairdo. That would drastically help solve any gender confusion issues. I hope. Then again, maybe Jillian would just naturally drift towards the attractive cowboy. I dunno. Either way, it made for a good laugh. You'd have to know this girl to fully appreciate it.
All in all, it was a lazy, yet fun kind of day.
Super de-duper cute garden, Rachey! I LOVE it!
ReplyDelete