Welcome to my heart, Oh daughter of the King.
Take off your heavy armor and sit a while.
Come, lay your weary head on my chest and rest with me. Unbandage all your wounds and let me see your scars. Tell me of your burdened soul; reveal all the pieces of your aching heart. Whisper to me your hopes and dreams. Share of your fears and failures. Hide not one part of yourself from my view - I want to see it all.
Let me wipe your tears. And when your gaze catches the scars in my hands, let me gently remind you they're there:
Because I love you.
From the beginning of time, I knew these moments would come. I am aware your journey is long and heavy. See my scars? I'm no stranger to pain. I have journeyed through betrayal and abandonment. I, too was misunderstood. Lonely and rejected. I know what it's like to wish there was another way.
But I also know my Father - I know his way is perfect and unflawed. His love is pure, untainted and selfless. And so, I willfully subjected myself and endured the anguish...for you. For the very difficult thing you're walking through. So that you would be able to partake not only of my suffering, but also of my hope and of my peace that this moment in time, this ache that you're feeling - it's not the end. There is so much more to come. The pain that you feel now can't compare to the joy that lays ahead.
I know you.
I love you.
Precisely where you are. And who you are. There's not one moment in your life that I haven't anticipated, not one tear that I haven't already carefully calculated. I've seen every mountain you and I will conquer, every valley I will carry your weary soul through. And though you may have seasons of doubt, I will never give up on you, for you are my beloved child. I created you with passion, and for a purpose.
We have much work to do, you and I.
No comments:
Post a Comment