Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Operation: Bunny Breeding

Let me preface this post by saying: Yes, I know we have a problem. We intentionally pile chaos on top of the already crazy. (I hang my head in shame.) It's just how we seem to do life.
Our Kaytlin formulated her plan a while back. She's been combing through Craigslist and Uncle Henry's. Instructional books have been borrowed from the library. She meticulously created her plan of attack and approached us with it: Two bunnies. One male, one female. Lots of bunny babies to sell. (Or beg for homes to take them in...)
 And since:
  •  we are not financially funding this crazy idea, nor are we taking care of any of said prolific    bunnies...
  •  they found them for *FREE* within a half-hours drive...
  •  they have proven themselves as fairly decent animal caretakers...
  •  it would be a good study on reproduction and the life cycle...
  •  we have space in the ol' barn to house them...
...we reluctantly said "yes". And since we let the older two get rabbits, it didn't seem right to leave one girl out. So, THREE bunnies are what we came home with.
No doubt it will prove to be a crazy, interesting, learning experience. And will most likely bring about many awkward conversations on procreating. We have, however, stated that ALL baby bunnies must be sold off or given away to new homes when they come of age. No baby bunny left behind. Because we certainly aren't needing any more little critters around here.
And so, I present to you...our newest additions to the mini-farm.
Kaytlin with her female, "Charlotte".
 She's already grooming her to be a good bunny mummy.
Alexis with her male, "Rex".
Whom has peed on her twice already. (Gross.)
Jillian with her male, "Milo".
Whom is already showing signs that he's eager to be
 somebunny's baby daddy...
 As for me, I'm just anxious for spring when this rabbit love triangle can be transferred outdoors. Although I did put forth the effort and built these amazing ghetto/redneck two-story abodes...I'm ready to wash my hands of this responsibility. I already noticed that my house is beginning to smell a little too "wild" again.


No comments:

Post a Comment