Today was a rather quiet, uneventful day. Which was nice for a bit of a change. The day was spent catching up on some much needed rest, visiting with family here and there, chatting with nurses and laying around. It still seems so very strange to not be home within my own element. With my husband and children, taking care of them and our home. But knowing that my two little ones are still growing in the safest place they can be does help. All other responsibilities I have had up until now have taken a back seat. My one job? To incubate. (33 weeks today, might I add!)
This morning I was wheeled down to Maternal Fetal Medicine for another ultrasound check up on the babies. I guess they like to make sure they're still cozy and comfy in there while I suffer the mass destruction from the outside. :o) And, indeed, they are. Both little fellas are still practicing their breathing, still have plenty of fluid, and still squirming around like fish in the sea. All great signs. Oh, and I was told yet again that Baby B has "quite a lot of hair" while Baby A is too low and faced upwards to see. No doubt he does, as well. The hair comes as no surprise to anyone in our family...we grow 'em hairy, thanks to Hub's genetic disposition. And if Ma-In-Law's old wives tale is true about heartburn...these boys shall come out monkeys, in fact. Really hairy monkeys. Perhaps tiny gorillas.
My lab work all seems to have come back fairly decent today. No major alarms for immediate delivery. So, the question remains...will my body go into labor on it's own before my doctor deems delivery necessary? Or will I shock everyone in here and hang on a few more weeks? It's just a grand mystery at the moment.
My girls back home seem to be fairing well. Hubs is the master entertainer. With his bag of yummy snacks, special movie nights and ventures to WalMart, he has surely won their hearts over...again. I've come to the conclusion he makes a good stay-at-home/single daddy. I truly couldn't ask for a better back up for myself. Yesterday I texted home to find Kaytlin was making pancakes for everyone's breakfast. And Hubs informs me they're all pitching in like little women with the necessities around the house. I think they're all managing just fine without me. And the girls seem slightly happy about having a bit of a vacation from school. Wait til I tell them they're gonna need to catch up into the summer...
The wing that my room is on often remains quiet and unused. But from time to time I hear a new momma being wheeled in; and often the sweet little cries of a newborn babe follow her. Last night was one of those nights. In the midst of my slumber I hear, "congratulations!" and another faint cry breaks the silence of the night. And I smile. I love to hear that tiny cry. New life is here all around me...every day. An incredible miracle. One of these days; possibly soon...possibly it will be a while...two of those little cries will belong to me. I touch my bouncing belly...I can't wait.
Oh man. I can't wait either! H.O.L.Y. HANNAH!!!!!
ReplyDelete