Wednesday, April 11, 2012

In Waiting...

It's crazy how days can begin to mesh together...one taking on the appearance of the next. It's almost as though time, in my small little world, has begun to stand still. While so much around me outside of these four walls continues to evolve.
There's nothing like solace and life slowing down that forces one to really stop and thoroughly examine things. Daily I am bombarded with reminders of how insanely blessed I really am. My conversation with the single-mother nurse about her struggles of raising two children on her own. How blessed I am to have a devoted, loving husband at home caring for my little ones when I cannot. I need not worry about whom is caring for them, if they will receive the love and affection they need. If they're safe. And the young, mom-to-be with her first little babe in her womb that at only 28 weeks along and isn't growing properly..how discouraging for her to know she will be here until her little girl's birth; however long or short that may be. Wondering what and when the outcome of that little life shall be determined. And here I sit, two healthy boys growing away...so close to their safe arrival. And three precious girl-gifts at home that already made their way safely here. How can I not be thankful? Two very small gifts that all too often I forget I have. That I did not earn. Do not deserve. Yet I have.
Life's little treasures are all around us daily...if we just take time to slow and look with our eyes unblinded to them. It's too easy for us to contend what isn't instead of fully acknowledge what is. Every day we're all faced with a choice of how we want to look at the things in our lives. Some days I do give in to self-loathing and pity and fail miserably at revealing the hope of Christ to those around me. Other days (usually when all seems bent on going my way) I find it easier to see and celebrate life's little blessings. And those around me suffer the consequences. Not to mention my own self that is brought down.
I can't help but think that life is bigger than we can picture...miracles, blessings and things unseen are at work around us constantly. Learning to submit to those things can be a difficult task. Yet insanely rewarding when we do.
We all...each in our different of ways...are blessed. Beyond measure.

6 comments:

  1. We really are blessed. We can forget this sometimes, when we just focus on the wrong things - ourselves, what we don't have, whatever...but we have so much. i'm so excited for you, Rachael. i can't wait to hear of these dear little boys' arrivals!! and their names!! i love that! thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - you updated on Wednesday. Today is Friday. what does that MEAN?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl!!! All is still well and I'm still pregnant!!! :-)
    For some reason I cannot post from my iPod here at the hospital (but can leave comments); and I sent my laptop home for a few days for my girlies. So....that's why all is quiet! Not much new to report...labs are stable and we're still waiting things out!! Would love to finally see them...but also know they're better inside...for just a bit longer!! Will be sure to keep you updated! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay!!! - I am so eager here -- keep wondering what's happening -- will definetely be praying for you these next days - hope you're doing okay in there and are getting some rest!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Take care of yourself, Rach!

      Delete
  4. Oh so glad I checked the comments! I was getting worried too! I check back every day and was wondering what was going on. So glad to hear that things are still stable. Hope you aren't going too stir crazy in the hospital, Rach. Thinking and praying for you and your boys and your girlies (shawn too! :). xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been checking everyday for news! So glad things are still stable and the babies are right where they need to be for now:) I've been praying for you, I know it's tough to be away from your girls and your hubby.....

    ReplyDelete