Let me first preface this post by saying this family is not, nor has ever been die-hard football fans. Or fans of any sport, for that matter. Hubs' does like to skim through the games (thanks to the modern technology otherwise known as a DVR) and view all the plays. But us gals? We'd rather watch Anne of Green Gables. Or paint our toes or something of the sort. To be perfectly honest. There's very minimal I understand about the game, but what I do know is that my girls find guys jumping around on grass in extremely tight leggings quite amusing. Especially the bigger fellas.
The girls rounded up their face paint and nail polish and got busy preparing for the big game. Face paint was on the carpet, on their clothing and on the dog. They decided to wash it all off before second quarter even began. Die hard fans, they are. 
But, alas, there is always this big hype-up every year for the one big, final game to determine who's the best of the best. The Superbowl. And since we're always up for a party, we thought it would be the perfect excuse. Besides, it's really all about the food, anyway, right? And these days I'm down with that. We invited a few friends over and made a hodge-podge of pure yumminess. We dined on healthful foods such as chips and dip, mini-hot dogs, buffalo wings, nacho dip, pizza pockets, cake and such. I was in hog heaven. For me, the game wasn't the highlight...it was all about the food.
Our guests left long before the game was over, and so we were alone to finish up the party. Amazingly, the girls sat and enjoyed watching the plays, and having Hubs explain how things work. And then they ate some more. Jilly's favorite part of football was picking out all her "boyfriends" (her words, not mine). Turns out she likes 'em dark-skinned and long-haired. I figured she'd go for more of the Tom Brady-type, but not her...she likes her fellas a little exotic. Who knew? Certainly not I. Kaytlin spent the time watching the game and texting about it with her die-hard-Patriot's-fan-cousin. Towards the end of the third quarter my eyes began drooping hard. Perhaps partially due to the contents that were in my belly...or maybe it was the severe indigestion I was suffering from. (Gluttony always has it's consequences. One way or another...it will come for you.) I just could not stay awake a moment longer. Little Lexi appeared the same. And so, she and I retired up to my bed with "Over the Hedge" lulling us to sleep. I woke up an hour later with no one in bed beside me; and little turtles, skunks and opossums prancing to and fro on my tv screen. I rolled over and fell back asleep. This morning Lexi informed me I fell asleep in two minutes flat and failed to respond to her when she had a question for me. No doubt. (Which makes me a little fearful if we should happen to have a fire...they may just have to roll me out of the house.) The girls and Hubs lasted to the end of the game to see the Giants win. And thoroughly enjoyed it. They all outlasted me. Perhaps they're more into football than I thought...
hahaha - cute...we did not go to a Superbowl party lastnight -- and I missed it. Not because I love football, but -- for the same reasons as you...i would have LOVED to have eaten some of your delicious snacks lastnight...
ReplyDelete