
Back to school. Yet again. Just where did the summer go? I'm not even done being a farmer yet. But today I donned my teacher hat (no, I don't really have one...I just meant that figuratively)for the first day of the school year. There was jumping and singing and dancing galore. Parades proceeded, children giggled in glee. Parents rejoiced, birds sang and even the sun shined just a bit brighter.
Okay...that's not so much the truth. But at least there wasn't abundant whining and wailing. Perhaps a little...but not abundant.

My brain is now swarming with "eukaryotes", "cytoplasma", "longitudes" and arithmetic problems. Seriously...where was I when I was taught all this the first time around? None of it stuck. None, I tell you. It seriously makes me question why we continue to teach young children about such technical things. They're never going to remember it all. But, I digress.

The best part of the day? When school was complete and Lexi was permitted to go ride her bike. It's her new found joy, those two wheels. She rides around all day. She even asked the moment we woke up if she could go outside and ride before school. It's quickly becoming an obsession. She has bruises, scraped legs and blisters on her hands. But she's in love with that little pink and purple bike.
Not bad for a first day of school. One down, only 179 more to go.
First of all, I don't even know what a "eukaryote" is...not sure if I ever knew, actually...so you've kind of got me stressing over here...
ReplyDeleteSecond of all, I know that we are all just barely getting into our new rhythm of school, but the fact of the matter remains that I miss you like there's no tomorrow, and I fell I must see you soon.
So, what do you think about those apples??
When can we play?
Hmn. I meant to say "I feel"....
ReplyDeleteI is a homeschooling Mama....