Thursday, June 16, 2011

Without Training Wheels

This week Lexi determined to ride her bicycle sans training wheels. Her goal was to accomplish such a task by age seven. Her birthday is tomorrow...she's cutting it close. Expecting to be Lance Armstrong in one day, she set the bar high for herself. She quickly learned that it would take more than one practice. As it was, within only a couple days we're happy to report she's progressing well. A few bruises, a few tears shed, and lots of running behind by both Hubs and I...overall a success. And I'm happy to report that I survived every fall and scrape without cringing or running to her rescue. Big step for me. (I figured nothing could be as traumatic for me as Jesse Booker's big tumble of our dirt bike, so all was well. Thanks for breaking me in, Jesse.) However, I did make her practice on the grass to ease my comfort level. Why the gaudy purple boots, you ask? Because the teeth of bike pedals are particularly brutal on little girl ankles. And the bathing suit was due to the fact that she planned on taking a dip in the pool when she worked herself into a sweat. Which she did. And yes, indeed, she is sporting somewhat of a perma-wedgie. Due to the fact that she's worn the same bathing suit approximately three years (give or take) in a row. Methinks a new swimsuit is in order. Perhaps THAT is why her balance was a bit thrown off...who can properly ride a bicycle with all that going on?

2 comments:

  1. haha! You are so funny my friend! And you totally and completely rock, you know! Hey - maybe our Rangeley days can overlap after all! We must talk..... Could you imagine the fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. so funny.

    And...fill me in on this Rangeley cabin -- we're looking for a night just the 3 of us without family when we're in Maine...how can I get ahold of someone about this place? And how much is it?

    ReplyDelete