I could just eat that chubby face up with a spoon. (The flowery sofa in the background...not so much. Loved it at the time. We've since ditched the furniture...but kept the cute kid.) Our baby girl turned seven yesterday. Hubs thought she was already seven and has proceeded to tell everyone this past year that she was. (I had to zing him on that one.) Just goes to show has fast time can get away from you. Seven years...crazy. This was the little perfect babe whom slept through the night from seven weeks old. Nursed with nary a problem, cried minimally and possessed outstanding health. She was the incredibly bashful toddler whom kept herself hidden by my backside for many years. And grunted with fists clenched when people said "hello". She was determined to NOT be a socialite. In fact, she rather disliked people. With the exceptions of mom, dad, her sisters and her Aunt Katie. This was my lazy little girl whom didn't see the need to roll over until 9 months of age, never figured out crawling (twas more of a crab giddy up), decided to walk at 18 months old, wanted to be carried on the hip until around 5, and finally stopped carrying "blankie" everywhere at 6. Indeed, she is the baby. In case you couldn't tell. And now, at the ripe old age of 7 she has come a long way. A long way indeed. Our little Lexi is slowly wandering outside of her shell. Speaking when spoken to. Not crying every time she's laughed at by her sisters. Becoming braver about things she'd normally shy away from. And she has developed quite the sense of humor. She keeps us in stitches. But she certainly is not without any idiosyncrasies. (Everyone has some, after all.) She is absolutely terrified of bumble bees. And hornets. Anything flying, for that matter. She's petrified of public bathrooms. Fearful that someone just might be interested in walking in on her. Or heaven forbid they may peak underneath the stall. Which has never happened...but she thinks that perhaps someday it will. And loose teeth...don't even go there. She HATES having loose teeth. Whether they earn her money or not. Most of this fear stems from the possibility of seeing blood. Which leads me to her next phobia....blood. Holy Hannah, this girl hates the sight of blood. Whether it's a tiny bit of pink from the most minute of scrapes or left-0vers from a black-fly bite...it's a big deal. We keep the Band-Aid company going.
The best thing of all about her is her affection. She has always been an affectionate girl...as long as you're in her favorite five. She is quick to offer compliments; never hesitant with her love. Deeply sensitive, yet deeply loyal. We are in love with this little girl and so grateful to have been gifted with her seven years ago. Blessed to watch her grow and change...excited to see what her future holds. Somehow I doubt it will be public speaking or a nurse. Time will tell.
For her birthday bash she chose a family trip to the bowling ally and arcades. It was a blast....and rather hilarious, as well. I showed off my mad bowling skills with a score of 42. Hubs won with 114. My children even beat me. But they had bumper guards. Or that's what I blame it on, at least.

Lexi has got the highest lob ball in bowling that I have ever seen. Even with a granny-style roll. I'm pretty sure the floor was dented by the time we left. Maybe all that hair was just in the way. Ya think?

Is it just me, or is this girl ALL appendages? I think it's a rather unfair advantage in bowling...

Now this. THIS is proof as to why I unjustly lost the family bowling tournament. First, no bumper guards. That was my first problem. Second...look at those hideous shoes. Someone must invest some time and energy into creating some fashionable bowling shoes...these ones just through me off my game. As an added state to my case - they didn't even fit right.
This picture just slightly disturbs me. She has a smile on her face while shooting Bambi. Her sisters weren't impressed.
I didn't have the heart to tell the girls they were a tad too big for these rides. They were having too much fun.
Turns out seven year olds aren't too big for naps...
I love your posts -- you're hilarious, Rach. And what a sweet, sweet little girl. Seven. Oh my word...your baby girl. Time does fly -- I still can't believe I have a 3 year old...what on earth?!
ReplyDelete