Monday, May 23, 2011

OH, NO...LOOK WHO'S 4-0

It's officially official. Hubs is mid-life. Rounding the bend.

Not over the hill...just reaching the top of it. Not pushing up daisies...just mowing them down.

Today is his fortieth year of life. And don't think for one moment that I didn't have a complete blast rubbing it in. Being 6 years his junior, I am fully entitled to do so. It's my duty, in fact.

In honor of his big achievement I chose to host a small surprise birthday party. And so, yesterday my oldest daughter and I ventured to the big city in search of some fortieth-birthday-party decor. I laughed quite mischievously the entire time we were in the party store. There were many "Muwahahaha's" as I devilishly threw items left and right into my cart. Which Kaytlin thought was rather mean. I couldn't help myself..it was entirely too much fun.

The day-long celebrations consisted of lunch shared with family (whom are good friends, as well); birthday gifts; wishes made over birthday candles (complete with his snazzy little "40 glasses")...


...A bowling trip; in which Hubs proved that even at forty he still can outscore us all. He totally rocks. Even though we did use bumper guards. They were for the kids. Or so we said.




I don't mind being married to an older fella. In fact, I rather prefer it. He's distinguished. Full of grey and wisdom and such. Aged like a fine wine...he just gets better and better with time. A little more forgetful, yes...but better all the same. I do so love that man.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh --- happy 40th to your hubby -- he looks GOOD FOR 40, that's for sure!! :) glad you had such a great day...jason is only 8 months older than me, and i quite like rubbing THAT in his face...he'll be 35 in August...6 years...you are INDEED entitled to do some rubbing in!! hahaha. you're great, Rachael. seriously.

    ReplyDelete