Monday, January 6, 2014

Bring On The New

Another Christmas has come and gone. This year we chose to be different and celebrate the season with all things second-hand or homemade. It was a raging (and inexpensive) success! Our girlies...they are already looking forward to next year's thrifty Christmas. The boys...they don't know any different. They were just present-hungry and thoroughly enjoyed littering my living room floor with wrapping paper.
A New Year crept in just as silent as ever. Life continues to ebb and flow within the four walls of our home. And this Mama continues to find herself ever evolving out of this fog otherwise known as the chaos of motherhood. Time...she seems irrelevant these days. In 2013 I viewed myself as a participant in life, rather than an analyzer of it. Deep, meaningful thoughts were hard to come by. The deepest may have been: "Hmmm....I really seriously wonder how I can get this aromatic poo, pee and baby puke out of that couch..." After a few minutes of contemplating that, my brain ached a bit too much. I opted not to ponder it any further. (Just a fair warning to those whom may venture to my home and choose to lounge on our furniture...) There will be time to be more concerned about things of that nature in the future. (For now my temporary plan shall be to burn the couch and start anew when need be.)
Hubs and I discussed New Years resolutions. He's hard-hearted against them...since he's yet to keep one single resolution. Instead, I believe his very profound thought was, "I've resolved to gain more weight, eat foods higher in fat and cholesterol, never exercise, and cuss more." Smarty pants. However. As for myself, I vowed to simplify. And yet deepen. A bit contradictory, I know. As our lives have become more and more complicated with the addition of the little dudes, it leaves me overwhelmed. Clutter, disorganization and "stuff"...I just need it all simplified. As I embark on this quest, I am finding trash bags getting filled. Craig's list ads being completed. The fog of chaos...it's lifting. Very slowly. And as I look back at 2013, I realize there's a void of depth in regards to relationships. My entire social realm has been paused, and understandably so. I concluded that 2014 is the year to resume. To stretch myself just another inch more to look beyond the four walls of my own world. To live life richly and invest in others, rather than just survive. And, if I succeed, simplifying life will enable me to do just that.
The past two years have been stretching and growing years. In more ways than one. It's been terribly difficult for me to bounce back into the swing of things. But I'm getting there. 2014, no doubt, holds a whole new package of beginnings. New challenges, new things to learn. New heartaches and accomplishments to be celebrated. Because life is just like that; a continual fluctuation of events. It's wild and crazy, this ride of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment