I was so incredibly excited for today. The forecast predicted warm, sunny skies. We have been cooped in the house for a bazillion years, and I have been itching to get O-U-T. Today was proclaimed to be the perfect spring day.
Except it wasn't. Not completely. It was somewhat windy, making the predicted 47 degrees feel more like 37. I'm not gonna lie...I was terribly discouraged. Yet another day of hopeless, desperate longing for spring...
This afternoon we decided that if spring wasn't going to arrive in it's entirety, well then we would just have to force it. And that's just what we did. We suited the boys up, prepped the bicycles and biked all through our little town. My desperation lifted, the wind quieted some and even the sun popped out a little bit warmer than before. The little fellas are learning to love their new bike trailer. They're not so fond of sitting that close to one another. (One would think if they could share my uterus they could share just about anything....) I told them they absolutely MUST get used to it, for we have many more trips to go. And I informed Chase that it is not nice to pull Cody's hair while Mama's busy pedaling and can't see what's going on in there behind me. Cody lets me know, though. He's not afraid to tattle.
My thighs...they were feeling the burn after pulling forty-plus pounds of chubbiness uphill. My whole everything was sweating. If you really must know. But I was outside. And I was loving it. And with my three girls on bikes behind me, we were quite the spectacle around town.
Tonight we started up the fire pit for the first time this year. Oh how I have missed the smell of a good campfire. Marshmallows included. Fire. Swing. Snacks. Two snuggly boys wrapped up in blankets. Does it get any better?
Hubs even fired up his bike. Purely for our entertainment purposes. My theory is that if you have to wear a winter hat while riding then it's still too early to ride. But that's just me.
Spring might be a little delayed in reaching us this year. But that's okay. We're going to begin the season whether it's fully here or not. Cause we just can't wait any longer.
Oh. I. Hear. You. Sister. Oh my blessed word. Just be here already. You're killing me slowly... Miss you. Let's play soon...
ReplyDeleteI hear you on the spring thing. Yesterday was 70 today is supossed to be 54 then tomorrow SNOW!!!! I can't wait for spring to come and stay!!! I used to love to bike around your town when we were visiting family. :)
ReplyDelete