Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Catching Up...

I'm terribly behind with blogging. Easter has come and gone. Family from away has drifted in and out of our home for a week. The first day of spring arrived. (Although it still feels like winter here to be perfectly honest.) Hubs remains steadfast in his all-things-guns hobby. Buying. Swapping. Selling. The girls press on with their school days (anxiously waiting the last day), while the boys continue to conquer more milestones. Life ebbs. And flows. Full of dirty diapers, minor (and major) messes, mini hormonal melt-downs and an occasional eye-roll.
This week it seems our twinsies are accomplishing a whole entourage of accomplishments. Cody is now fully up and crawling. He is almost caught up to Chase in speed. And agility. (Or lack thereof.) Just the past few days he has begun pulling up and creeping along the furniture. There are now two babes within reach of everything two feet high and down. Baby proofing has been kicked up a notch to a whole new level. The T.V. is now wall-mounted. (Many thanks, Uncle Gilles for the help!) Gates are up. Breakables put away. The floor cleared of beads and buttons. (Although Cody keeps finding jelly beans from who knows where.) Now...if I could figure out how to baby proof them from one another we'd be golden. Things are getting just a little bit crazy over here. Or shall I say "crazier".
With their first birthday soon approaching, Hubs has become increasingly excited to introduce the little guys to a whole new world of food. Exibit A: Oreos. And...not just any Oreos. Canadian Oreos. Because: there is a difference. And since my boys have half-Canadian blood running through their veins, it was only fitting that their very first Oreo be from Canada. Compliments of Auntie Darla. The boys...they thank you. The Mama...she only wished you were here to bathe them up after.

Our little Chase is still as determined as ever to self inflict bodily pain. This guy cannot, I repeat, CANNOT go a day without some sort of trauma. This morning the recipient of his injury was his bottom lip. Turns out he can't stand and walk along furniture underneath the dining table too well.

It wasn't pretty. And I'm going to be perfectly honest. I was tempted to bubble-wrap him straight away after. (Hubs wouldn't let me.)  If he makes it to his first birthday in one piece I shall be in utter shock. Correction: If I make it to his first birthday in one piece I shall be in utter shock. I'm still not fully ready for all that's to come with these boys.
Always an adventure around here...

No comments:

Post a Comment