There's been many days lately where I think of all these wonderful things I'd love to blog about...but just can't seem to find a spare moment to actually sit down and do it. And so...I shall randomly blog just a few of them now. All together, in fact. Here goes....
* My boys have struggled for the past couple of weeks to find their thumbs. They really want to suck them. Bad. With the aid of a trendy baby video monitor, I've caught them in bed; thumbs firmly placed in mouth. Sweet success. They aren't pro's at it yet, but they're still workin' on it. It's a beautiful thing.
* We finally had to buy diapers yesterday. For the very first time. For three and a half months we have not purchased one solitary diaper, thanks to many generous baby shower attendees. I've not priced them until yesterday. We estimated these guys go through roughly 100 per week. Ouch. I'm seriously pondering going cloth...or finding a really creative way to re-use diapers. Or maybe just change them twice daily. Totally kidding.
* Sadly, we had to say good-bye to yet another guinea pig this week. It was slightly tragic. Let's just say sun and humidity plus overweight guinea pig equals nothing good. T'was a sad, sad day for all. (But I have put my foot down...he shall not be replaced. Not anytime in the near future, anyhow...)
* Also of note in regards to the little guys...they're officially sleeping through the night. Have been for about a week and a half. Maybe even two now. Life's just a faint blur at the moment. We send them to dreamland around 8:00pm; wake them around 9:00 to fill their tummies once more, and around 7:00am they bellow from their beds to be free. Life is good. I'll throw in another picture of them, just because they're extra cute since they let us sleep now.
* And lastly (sorry...I have no picture) we are officially planning vacations for this month. Yes, vacation"s". Plural. Two of them. 'Cause what's life without a whole lot of crazy stirred in? I will admit, I'm hugely apprehensive about it all, but it is now in pen on the calendar. Just yesterday we decided that we would be going to camp again this year. Five kids on one little island (with no electricity nor running water) may not be as blissful as I'm hoping, but still...it will be a good get-away. (Thinking positive, here.) I do so love camp. But the boys really, really, really (can I add another 'really'?) love their schedule and their own beds, so we shall see how the monkey wrench thrown in turns out. And if that wasn't enough for them, we'll pack them in a car and travel them a week later to Canada for hours to see Hub's family. We miss them and are excited to see them. Why do such crazy things, you ask? Because we can. Well, really, because I didn't want my girls to miss out on everything this summer, just cause Hubs and I procreated and my egg decided to split in two...and....well, you get the gist. So, my mind is already busy mentally preparing for all that. In the end I will either laugh about it, cry about, or just pull all my hair and eye-lashes out about it.
your boys suck their thumbs!! soooo so cute! Levi does too, and it STILL is the sweetest thing (and really comes in handy too to soothe him.) i love it! and they're sleeping through the night! YAAYAYAYAY!! so awesome. its funny how our babies are really waaaaay cuter once they start sleeping better!! hope your vacations go splendidly and your babies sleep well and surprise you!!! and that you can relax and have fun! as much as possible, anyways.
ReplyDeleteI do so enjoy catching up with your lives!! I'm thrilled beyond words that they boys are sleeping through the night!! What a blessing from God!! Let's just hope their growth spurts come at the same time. I remember just when they started to sleep through, that would happen. The things they don't tell you about!! Glad you are going on vacation and will pray all goes well!!
ReplyDelete