I'm not typically a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda gal. Today, however I made an exception.
My phone rang early this morning. It was my good friend Amy. She wanted to know if we wanted to come play. When? Today. Today? Yes, today. After a brief brain hiccup I complied. I cannot say no to this woman. Any time spent with her is just treasured time...and good medicine for my soul. And my children's as well. They adore her boys, as do I.
A good friend will talk and listen. A GREAT friend will encourage and uplift. They will exemplify the positive in any situation, challenge you to see the bigger picture, and encourage you to look beyond the temporary. I have never spent one moment with this girl where she has neglected to be purely a GREAT friend. I adore her. And her buds on her lilac bush. They are plumper than mine, after all. But that's a whole other story.
Today the children spent the entire afternoon pond-fishing for salamanders, tadpoles and even a stray butterfly. While Ame and I chatted it up on the porch in the sun. To which I have my first official sunburn of the year as evidence. And chapped lips. A small price to pay.
Our souvenirs from the day now sit on our front porch, awaiting the next phase in their life cycle.
Lexi said they were on a date. A dinner date. Indeed they were.
Oh Rachey. It was lovely. Truly. Thanks for flying by the seat of your pants. Thanks for the love and the laughs. When you left, Kev asked: "So, was it good?" I said - "With her it's ALWAYS good." Love you dearest. Love your three sweet girlies too....
ReplyDeleteOhhhh, I'm happy you and Amy spent the day together...jealous, of course, but...happy for you. There really is just something about OLD friends...and what a special thing to see both of your children playing together...that's awesome!!!! I was without a computer for several days...and am happy I am BACK!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Rach -- do you have an email addy?
ReplyDelete