Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools...Then and Now

I don't normally blog twice in one day. However, a thought randomly came to me that I feel I must share. These were pictures I posted last year on April 1st.

It was fabulous. All the snow had melted and formed a mini-pond at the end of our yard. And it wasn't just warm on this particular April 1st...it was actually hot. Hence the swim-suits. Apparently I wasn't prepared for the temperature shift, for little Lexi had no other shoes available then her winter boots. A fashion statement indeed.


Allow me to turn your attention to the present. April 1st, 2011.


The ground was just shedding it's winter wear over the past few days...and then...this. Over a foot of snow. No naked ground, no mini-pond, no swim-suits. It's a cruel, cruel word, I tell you. What a mean April Fool's joke.

1 comment:

  1. Ridiculous, isn't it? 3 years ago, when Jonah was born (April 12) it was soooo nice out -- and we got SNOW lastnight, too...crazy...i'm hopeful it won't stay too long, though...really hopeful...ugh.

    ReplyDelete