Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Little Bit Homesick

Our family is on day eight of this rather unexpected dog/house sitting adventure. We're all a little bit homesick. Actually, in all honesty, we're all a whole lot homesick. Any time the girls get upset and crying about something (which is quite a bit lately), the first words out of their mouth are always, "I just wanna go hooooome." (Stated with long, pathetic whine and a lone tear in the eye.) Home is waiting patiently for us. We'll be reunited in about three more days. I will be kissing my own bed enthusiastically.

Other things that I have been thinking fondly of lately...
  • our peaceful and barkless (for the most part) house.
  • kitchen cupboards that I open and reach in with my eyes closed and find what I need.
  • baking. Oh, how I miss baking in my own kitchen.
  • homeschooling with minimal distractions and children whom are well rested to be taught.
  • phones which seldom ring.
  • falling asleep beside Hubs. (The dogs don't sleep at all unless we split them up and Hubs and I sleep separately with them. Sad, I know....but sleep is more valuable at this point.)
There are a few more things I miss...but I won't bore you with an enormous list. Just know that we're all homesick.

I'm thinking the owners won't ever want us in their home again once they return. They do not have any children, and so their house is abundant with fine furnishings, most of which include glass. Fragile glass. Let me explain by way of pictures...

Exhibit A: (from day 3)

Exhibit B: (done today)

I think my girls are in cahoots to spoil any further chance that we may be called upon again to work for these people. Fortunately for us, the couple adore children and are ever so sweet and understanding. I fessed up to them this morning on the phone, and they readily forgave. But I told them to dock my pay, anyway. Man, these kids are costing me...

No comments:

Post a Comment