Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pea-Pickin' Good


For about a week now, I've held these girls off from stripping my pea plants naked. Every day we go out and check to see if they're plump enough. The girls start foaming at the mouth, ready to leap on the peas and gobble them as quick as a bunny. Okay, not really. But they've been awful eager to taste test some. They love raw peas, yet somehow detest frozen packaged ones. Go figure. Today our fresh peas were ripe and ready. Well, some of them, anyway.

After we picked and shelled them (is that what it's called?Or perhaps "de-podded"? Pardon me for not being up on my correct vegetable-appropriate verbs), the girls and I munched all the pods for a snack; and later we ate the peas for dinner. With other things, of course. After all, man cannot live by peas alone. I think that's what they say. Or something of the like.

I must say, they were the best peas I ever ate. However, it just so happens that I say that about everything that we eat from my garden (and then I make my whole family agree with me)...
P.S. Yes, the electric fence was off...for those that were wondering. (What kind of mother do you think I am?)

No comments:

Post a Comment