Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The "Chicken Shack"!

Now, before you laugh, let me first say that I never claimed to be a good carpenter! But, alas, the job is complete. My two lovely lady chickens are now in an abode of their very own. It took me about 4 full days (and a hammered thumb, lots of bent nails, a few exclamations of frustration and lots of sweat) but I finished the job. We chose to put the coop in the barn (much less of an eye sore there, plus the added benefit of non-exposure to the rain/snow). Here are a few pictures of the foundation (which hubby helped with) and the walls (which we later fully insulated).And I enlisted a couple of good workers to help with the painting...

And, finally, the finished product! (I also had to build the white bench below the window so Lexy can peek in at the chicks!)

And there you have it...my first attempt at building a chicken coop. Not the "pertiest"; but it does the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment