Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Babes

A conversation overheard this evening from my five year old and nine year old...(in the bathroom, no less!)
Alexis: "Kaytlin...does God see us pee?"
Kaytlin: "Of course, Lexy. God watches us do everything!"
Alexis: (Long pause)"....but Kaytlin!! He's a BOY!!!!"
Kaytlin: "It's okay, Lexy...he's God!"

And yet another one....Every night as my husband and I put the girls to bed, he always asks Lexy for an "Eskimo Kiss"...you know, the kind where you rub noses? Well, she has a very hard time pronouncing "Eskimo" (it always comes out "Ex-imo")...but the other night it finally clicked in that little brain of hers! The conversation went like this...
Alexis: "ESSSSS-kimo, daddy! ESSSSS like the letter S! Eskimo! I said it!"
Shawn: "Good job, Lexy! You said it right! Now you just have to remember "S"!!!!"
Alexis: "Can you write that down for me daddy? (small pause) Oh, wait! I can't read!"

It's moments like those that bring a smile to my lips and I'm reminded of how good life is. I swear, with every passing day that I'm raising these kiddos, a little part of me is saddened that they're growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment