Alexis spent her birthday money in the best way she could think of...by purchasing two (rather cute, I must say!) sister guinea pigs. But we call them mini-pigs...because the truth of the matter is that they eat ALL day!! These things chirp and chirp anytime they hear a bag rustling, or even if I stand a bit too close to them and they think there might be any hope of me throwing a carrot at them. Which I do quite regularly. So, our "indoor farm" is growing quite rapidly. (And we all know what farms smell like...) Thank the good Lord that I live in the era with vaccums, pre-packaged wood shavings, running water and those nicely scented candles that somewhat disguise the strange odors that linger in different areas of my house! It may be a
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Mini-Pigs
We officially have two new girls in the family. They're cute, cuddly...and really quite hairy. Their names? "Whoopie Pie" and "Caramel Twist". Strange, eh?!
Alexis spent her birthday money in the best way she could think of...by purchasing two (rather cute, I must say!) sister guinea pigs. But we call them mini-pigs...because the truth of the matter is that they eat ALL day!! These things chirp and chirp anytime they hear a bag rustling, or even if I stand a bit too close to them and they think there might be any hope of me throwing a carrot at them. Which I do quite regularly. So, our "indoor farm" is growing quite rapidly. (And we all know what farms smell like...) Thank the good Lord that I live in the era with vaccums, pre-packaged wood shavings, running water and those nicely scented candles that somewhat disguise the strange odors that linger in different areas of my house! It may be a
crazy life, but it sure is a fun one!!
Alexis spent her birthday money in the best way she could think of...by purchasing two (rather cute, I must say!) sister guinea pigs. But we call them mini-pigs...because the truth of the matter is that they eat ALL day!! These things chirp and chirp anytime they hear a bag rustling, or even if I stand a bit too close to them and they think there might be any hope of me throwing a carrot at them. Which I do quite regularly. So, our "indoor farm" is growing quite rapidly. (And we all know what farms smell like...) Thank the good Lord that I live in the era with vaccums, pre-packaged wood shavings, running water and those nicely scented candles that somewhat disguise the strange odors that linger in different areas of my house! It may be a
Labels:
animal life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment