Tuesday, January 10, 2012

20 Weeks

Halfway there. Well, technically more than halfway there with twins. But still a monumental day, none the less.The boys are growing healthy and strong. Safe within mommas expanding womb. I can tell they're getting stronger. My ever moving tummy tells me so. I'm still amazed that there's two tiny lives inside me. Even more amazing is that they're both little boys. I'm not quite sure why, but after carrying three little girls, the thought of little boys rolling around in there astounds me. Boys. Two. Still sinking in...We had another big ultrasound (they last over an hour) at maternal fetal medicine on Monday. I kindly asked the technician to check and see if they were still boys. Indeed, nothing had fallen off in the past three weeks. Still boys. Their little four-chambered hearts were pumping away, just as full of life as can be. Kidneys, stomachs, head circumferences...all there and measuring as they ought to be. Twenty fingers, twenty toes, and two little man parts. The boys were laying side-by-side this time, and since their space is growing limited there were arms and legs everywhere. Personal space is not a luxury these fellas are allowed. Each little guy weighed in at eleven ounces...right where they're supposed to be. Everything is right on schedule.
Here at our home we have finally begun preparations for the boys' grand arrival. I say "begun" because it's going to be a lengthy process. There's a lot of shifting and re-arranging, tossing, packing and storing to be done. Hubs tends to be a collector; I have the reputation as a chucker. I detest unnecessary clutter. But Hub's office is one territory I never embark on. His mess is his mess. However, turns out we need to relocate his office with two more babies on the way needing that space. And so, he graciously has begun that process. Willingly, yet not happily. I can't hold it against him. There's A LOT of stuff in this one tiny little room. As soon as he's done I shall dress this small space with all things jungle-themed. Tigers and lions and creatures of the sort. For our two little monkeys. It shall be great fun. We already have received many hand-me-down clothes from my little sis' baby boy. The girls thoroughly enjoyed themselves going through each article and matching up outfits. They then proceeded to ask if they could dress the boys for me...to which I readily complied, and added that they may change diapers, as well. We just may have a good thing going here...

And lastly I must post a picture of my favorite gift given thus far concerning these baby boys.My "Willow Tree" twin boys from my little sis. They sit on my kitchen window sill. I smile every time I walk by them. Less than twenty weeks to go...

4 comments:

  1. Your belly is beautiful!! I seriously love a pregnant belly. I loved mine, and now...this sagging skin is...not quite so lovely, but...I have a beautiful little boy because of it!! You will love having boys. seriously so much fun! And you will have 3 girls who will be such a huge, huge help to you! And will smother those little boys with love...i can't believe you're having twins!! I'm so excited for you!! half-way there! more than half-way there, really. hope you're feeling well...hope I can meet those boys this summer!! and see YOU...blogging is great, but...it would be even nicer to have a REAL visit!!! Let's hope!! When is your due-date again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable!!! Still sinking in for me, too - and I'm not even the one who's pregnant! Ha! LOVE IT. And I love your tummy, too. So excited for your sweet little family....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear all is well with you and the twins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO exciting that there will be boys in your house!!!!! I'm so happy for you, Rachel!!! Thanks for keeping up with the blog!!

    ReplyDelete