Thursday, October 8, 2009

Things I Love...

* staying at home and in jammies on a rainy day; watching old movies that I've seen a hundred times with my girls (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is an absolute must)
* the sound of giggles and chatter
* fresh bread baking
* the smell of my girl's fresh, clean hair (strange, I know...)
* funny children's stories (that would include "Everybody Poops" and all the "Mercy Watson" series)
* looking through old pictures, remembering life's events
* laughing hysterically at the different antics my children come up with..especially the unexpected ones...and even the slightly inappropriate ones (a child...whom shall remain nameless...exclaimed one evening at dinner..."Fire in the hole!" and proceeded to pass gas; leaving us all in stitches..)
* wrestling matches with my dear hubby (I always let him win)
* family trips in which we keep it a surprise to the girls until we get there (or until they drive us insane asking questions about it)
* cooking the "good ol' fashion way"; and teaching some of those methods to my children
* rearranging the house (drives my husband insane at times)
* living in the moment (not always easy to do...but sure makes everything much more enjoyable)

No comments:

Post a Comment