Ah....the kiddos are in bed. It's quiet, cozy and dark, except for a lovely iridescent orange glow coming from my kitchen. Why the orange glow, you ask? That would be my fabulous recent thrift store buy. Last time we were there I happened to hit the gold mine of fall and winter decor. And one of those items happened to be stringed orange lights (hence the strange orange glow emitting from my kitchen). I was one happy girl! I love thrift store shopping! There's just something great about finding treasure in another man's trash! And I have to say...I have found some really great stuff at these shops!
This fall I have really enjoyed decorating for the season. I absolutely love fall...I'm not quite sure why. Maybe because it holds all of my favorite colors, and possibly because it's cool enough to really get back into the kitchen and do some baking. Either way, my house is now dressed with pumpkins galore, leaf garland, pumpkin spice and apple candles, little straw scarecrows and those fabulous orange lights. Looks quite festive! Call me simple, but it's the little things in life that make me smile!
No comments:
Post a Comment