I made my first sales pitch today.
Which seems strangely odd, after being a stay-at-home-mom for 15 years now. (Technically I make sales pitches every day as a stay-at-home-mom. It's just thickly laced with tones of "oh-yes-you-will" behind the pitch.)
Anyhow. Hubs and I vowed that upon our return from our family vacation, we would then be intentional about promoting our cleaning business. While we've had business and opportunities come our way already, we had not yet taken the plunge towards making our newest venture public. Until yesterday. Yesterday we dove in and went public. And so now we're "out there". Word-of-mouth, social media, newspaper...the word's out. Within a few hours, a couple possibilities have been thrown our way. So, in between laundry, dishes, and very loud toddlers, I'm making feeble attempts at this new adventure. And keeping my fingers crossed at what the future might hold.
But, here's the truth of it all: as confident as we might strive to come across, we really don't know what we're doing. Not unlike life, it's all trial-and-error. Which is rather intimidating, when you're banking on providing for a family. It is a bit of an unsure gamble. BUT. This I do know: In the past 18 years of this crazy ride of lie together, God's never dropped us off the edge yet. We've always been well-cared for. So I doubt much will change.
Same story...different chapter.
When I spoke with the voice on the other end of the line, my nerves knew full well that first impressions mean everything. I know that one phone call holds a lot of potential for our future. But...I also know Who is in control, and if it was meant to be...it will be. THIS. This is the most amazing thing to me. This fall-back kind of trust. It's taken me a while to reach that point. When life begins to sway drastically, it's almost never an overnight acceptance for me. Change is hard. I'm extremely comfortable in my comfort zone. (Which doesn't include trying to sell myself or business to other people.) However, sometimes that comfort zone widens....stretches. And I must refocus and adapt. Growth and change is good.
I have no idea how this next chapter in life is going to look for us. It may be more of a continuation of the chapter before. Or it may look entirely different; a sequel perhaps. It's both exciting and intimidating. But either way, here we go...
You GO girl! You've got this! I'm so proud of you guys!!! Love you, my friend...
ReplyDelete