I have been the WORST blog slacker lately. So much so, that I almost couldn't access my password to log in to my blog account. I almost hyperventilated. (Am I the only one that uses fourteen variations of the same password for all accounts...but then can't remember which variation for which account? It's pure insanity, I tell you.)
Life lately....yes. It's been full. Full of toilet-pottying toddlers, dramatic sibling spats of daughters, end of the homeschool year celebrations (which also includes freedom from daily schedule routine by all...WAHOO!!!), much sunny outdoor play (with many a bug infestation driving us back indoors periodically), daily loads of laundry (and let's not forget those nasty cloth diapers), snacks every ten minutes (so it seems), meals 3 times a day for seven....
You get the picture. Life is full. And I wouldn't have it any other way. To be perfectly honest.
We are in year two of raising our toddler twin boys. I must say...I think things are going smoother. (Hey...anything can't be as tough as the first year...right?) The little guys have entered the "terrible two's" with much gusto. My girls did more of a gradual entrance, with a slow testing of the waters, but not these two. They began life with this whole "go big or go home" mentality. And haven't stopped since. I experienced our first major meltdown in aisle 7 of Shaw's grocery store this past week. As did everyone in aisles 4-8, I'm sure. It. Was. Epic. There was screaming. Crying. A cookie was thrown. And all I could do was laugh. You know, that nervous kind of laugh...the one that conceals any evidence that you are, in fact, starting to get twitchy around the eyes. The words "Yes! Everyone should have a set of twins!" formed on the very tip of my tongue and threatened to be hurled toward my now-captive audience. But instead I chose to go the road of looking like a crazy woman, nervously giggle and apologize to those whom witnessed the exorcist-like tantrum. Once home, I vowed to Hubs that I would NEVER, EVER take those two grocery shopping again. But, like a fool, I know I will. And I will revisit this whole episode once again, wondering why I didn't learn my lesson the first time.
But, wait. I did just say things were going smoother, no? They are. Despite our random epic meltdowns. They happen on a routine basis now, so we're growing used to them. Anyhow...I'm finding life in general with them is settling. We're all eating meals together as a family. Going places (okay...only a small handful...but it's an improvement) as a family. Sleeping through an entire night (mostly). Simple things...but it feels as though we're getting more comfortable into our "new kind of normal" since the arrival of the dervish duo. As a Mama, I'm settling back into "Mama Zone"...finding balance. Refusing to give ear to the Mama guilt (for the most part). Relinquishing "me". (I'm pretty sure I lost myself completely the first year of the boys' lives. Is there such a thing as Post Traumatic Twin Disorder? I'm pretty sure there should be. 'Cause I most definitely had it.) Back in that place of truly enjoying, seeking and savoring. It's good to be "home".
No comments:
Post a Comment