Now, I promised myself a few weeks and about 24 inches of snowfall back, that I wouldn't be one of those ones. All around us, everywhere we turn...people complaining about the snow. And the long, cold winter we've survived this year. It has been a long one. And I have been guilty of complaining. But, I decided, it is what it is and I can't change what it is...so I'll accept that it is: a never-ending and loathsome winter. And so, on this first day of spring, I welcome spring in. Complete with 12-ish inches of it's white, cold fluff stuff.
God must have had sympathy on this poor, whiny soul, for after the snow fell, rain quickly followed. And melted away some of what we'd gained.
I know spring is on it's way. I know the snow will melt and give way to green grass to play amidst, fertile earth to plant crops in, bare sidewalks to take strolls on. I know it's all under that weighty, white snow. Spring. Will. Come. (I remind myself daily.)
No comments:
Post a Comment