Ahem. It has been brought to my attention (thank you, dear little sis for stripping away any shred of dignity I had left) that I stand corrected. As it were, my boys shall be turning six months on the NINETEENTH, not the SIXTEENTH. Which I really did know. (Kind of.) One would think that the select few brain cells in which I have left are rapidly decaying. (Which they are.) In case anyone was worried (which I'm pretty sure my sister was), I have called my shrink (not really) to request that I be admitted for a lengthy stay at the local mental institute. (Which would be a lovely vacation, in my humble opinion). Because...as of lately...I just may be losing my marbles. However, this WEEK my boys shall be turning six months. (I'm pretty sure.) Just read on as though I did, in fact, have the day accurate. And then offer up a prayer for my sanity...
P.S. To My Little Sis - Stop being so darn smart and on top of things! You just wait until your third enters the world...you'll be admitted and sharing a room alongside me. But you can't have the bed by the window...I've already requested it.
The boys turn six months old today. Half of a year. Again...it bears repeating: time is moving too fast. I'm far too busy to savor each moment. Which is sad, I know...but true. Just as soon as I scoop up one boy to love and snuggle on him, the other demands my attention. I'm torn. I'm tired. I'm completely out-of-fashion. I'm a milk machine. I'm busy.
But I'm oh so very content.
As they continue to grow, I'm finding caring for them is getting even busier. Just busier in different ways.
They are no longer content to be little babies whom lay still, taking in the world around them.No, these fellas are wanting to be on the move...participating in life rather than watching it. Begging for constant entertainment and attention. One would think that a houseful of girls would be enough. Yet, some days it's simply not.
These sweet, sweet boys have quickly gone from being a belly-full...
To an arm-full...
And now a lap-full.
And my heart...is very full.
I had a huge, almost embarassingly huge, smile on my face reading this whole post -- they are sooo unbelievable cute, Rachael!!! oh my goodness -- i still cannot believe you have 2!!!! beautiful little boys -- just a few months younger than my Levi...you are amazing!! 5 kids...and you look amazing, and you still sound so positive!! haha -- wish we could live closer to each other and be more a part of each others lives, but -- i do love reading your thoughts and seeing pictures...Happy 1/2 a year to your boys!!!! Have a wonderful day, old friend!!
ReplyDelete