Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Week 14...

The twinlets are growing...as is my rather odd-shaped belly.

I figure by Christmas time I'll be ripe and ready to take on jolly ol' St. Nick's role. Or at least dress the part. I've given up on my dreams of all this throwing up lending to a sweet six-pack of abs. Let's face it...it's just not going to happen.

I'm slowly beginning to feel a part of the world again. It's true. My couch is mourning the loss of my lifeless body. It beckons to me whist I work hastily around the house. I'm making up for lost time. There's crumbs in the corners to be wiped up, a stove top to be brutally scoured, spilled peaches in the fridge to be scrubbed, and dust bunnies (amongst other unmentionable things) have taken up residency behind the bathroom toilet. All holy Hannah has broken loose since momma's been outta commission. But I'm back. Not 100 percent, but I'll settle for where I'm at. Anything has to be better than on death's door. So to speak.

Food is still a touchy issue. Most items are still unappealing. Except for the following: bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches (load on the mayo, please), post-Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches (again...extra mayo), and Frito's honey barbecue corn chips. Those are my main staples. (Can babies survive on those alone?) As long as my tummy's full, I'm a happy girl. (Empty=vomiting) So far I'm on day four of a retch-free week. In case anyone was wondering. It's a huge milestone in my book.

I've enjoyed lots of little day trips lately. The thrift store, the dollar store, the library and church. (Although at church people are starting to stare at my belly...I think they're catching on. Or wondering if I've been downing too many donuts lately...) My girls are becoming less leery when we're out and about. They only ask half a dozen times now if I feel okay. As opposed to two-hundred. (Translation: "Are you going to embarrass us by throwing up at the gas station again?") Good times, good times. I'm pretty sure I've scarred them for life. I may never have the privilege of becoming a grandma.

All in all, life is looking a whole lot brighter.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww -- you look great, Rachael!! And I'm so happy you're starting to feel better -- i hope it only continues!!! I'm sooo very very happy for you...and can't wait to find out what you're having!!! (and I can't wait to find out what I am having as well...time is getting near!) -- you look wonderful....wish I could see you and rub that belly of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha -- my phrase I had to type to post my comment was 'bodshoa' -- like...you're a bod-showah! like you just showed us pics of your bod...your belly.

    not sure why that seems funny to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you are feeling better!!! Hope the Christmas season is sweet and you get to have all the cookies you want!

    ReplyDelete